Monday, March 17, 2008

A Beautiful Dream

Genre: Fiction

It was on a long train journey that I first met her. She arrived in my life as if a beautiful angel was sent by Him. It did not take any time for us to get along and then began a journey that I would remember forever as the most beautiful dream of my life.

Our destination was a little town by the hills. On our first day in town, as we had a sweet long walk by the winding lanes, her company made me feel so blissful. The tall conifers swaying in the mild wind seemed to be welcoming us at every corner. Back to our abode post dusk, as we sat having dinner, the warmth of her company made me forget the chilling cold outside. By the time we went to bed, I was sure of one thing- this was a dream coming true.

And it did. And how! The next morning as we left the town for a sweet little abode nestled among the blue mountains, the long journey seemed so short and satisfying with her being besides me. We stopped enroute, and as we sat enjoying the sweet sounds of the gushing white waters of the stream accompaning us as the sun set behind the mountains, everything seemed so serene, so blissful.

And then it only got better- we spent the next two days in this lovely hill resort enjoying long drive up the mountains, playing in the snow, sharing experiences and shivering in the freezing cold as we went around shopping by the rows of colorful stalls adornin the place. And when that was done, we cuddled in the warmth of our room, whispering sweet nothings as the night darkened...

And the ultimate icing on the cake came on the last day before we bid goodbye to this amazing place. As we walked upto a little temple nestled among dense conifers, it started snowing- soft little white snowflakes being sprinkled from the skies as if He wanted to bless us from above! And amidst this as we stroll around, nothing else seemed to matter. The world around seemed to have come to a standstill with only me and her and the beautiful flowers in the meadows and the snow-white mountains kissing the clouds in the distance! Heaven!

But like all good things in life, this had to come to an end. The journey coming to an end, I got down from the train at the station while she was to continue her journey further. As the train departed, I stood on the platform, one eye fixed on the window where she was sitting. I knew she would turn back. And she did. Our eyes met, my heart skipped a beat, my face lightened up with a smile. And with it ended a week that will remain forever in my life as A Beautiul Dream!

2 comments:

  1. man I too have experienced this... it leaves you warm inside for days, isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Smokin WDM2

    Oh yeah, very much!
    But in my case the "dream" ended right there. In your case has it developed into something more meaningful and long lasting?

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
My World...My Views by The Blue Indian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.